Marketing for Creatives and Spiritual Types:
A Crash Course on Branding, Blogging, Advertising and Social Media
- Do you have a special mission or purpose in life?
- Do you think (or have you been told) that you’re not “good at business?”
- Do you have a hard time talking about money or putting a price on what you do?
- Do you struggle to connect your message to the people who need to hear it?
- Do you feel like you just don’t have enough time to do it all?
At this two-day retreat, you will learn marketing tips from a media and marketing professional with over 15 years experience in publishing, advertising, creative direction, social media and community management. This event will take your mission, business or personal brand to the next level.
- Learn how to write a good press release
- Gain an understanding of basic design and advertising principles
- Become more familiar with social media platforms (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Discover how to create messages (and content) that find the right audience
- Learn tools to help you manage your time and resources
- Get better at talking to people about what you do.
Module 1: Branding, Identity and Design
Module 2: Marketing, Media and Advertising
Module 3: Blogging and Content Creation
Module 4: Introduction to Social Media
Module 5: Mindfulness and Time Management (+ Social Media Best Practices Lab, Bring Your Laptop!)
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Confidence and clarity about your brand
- Tips on how to develop your authentic voice
- Practical tools and handouts like “How to Write an Effective Press Release”
- Downloadable sample marketing and advertising plans
- A 7-platform model for monetizing your content
- One-on-one lab time to learn new technology in a quiet, hands-on environment
- Interactive role-playing sessions that get you comfortable with talking about what you do
- Lunch and refreshments provided each day
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS CLASS
“Joran’s Marketing for Creatives class was amazing. His presentation and handouts were jam-packed full of useful information. His knowledge and idea development approach helped me identify action steps and the time to accomplish them. He answered every question with a wonderful knowledge base and lots of wisdom. Joran is a natural teacher and made each of his students feel comfortable asking any and all questions.
I especially gravitated to Joran’s approach to business, which emphasized business from the heart. I recommend his class to anyone formulating a business idea or looking for creative and efficient ways to market. I look forward to attending Joran’s classes in the future.”
– Debbie R.
“What an invigorating and educational experience! Joran finds a perfect balance between right and left brain — between thinking and action — to effect change in any individual.”
– Angela R.
“An excellent investment of time and money! This event was carefully planned and executed to provide us with valuable and applicable information on everything from branding, to marketing, to time management. I particularly appreciated the way that Joran’s spiritual path and professional background came together through his teachings over the weekend. We were constantly guided, supported and inspired through his genuine caring nature.”
– Denise O.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Joran Slane Oppelt is an international speaker, author, life coach, interfaith minister, musician and marketing professional with over 20 years of experience in media, community-building and events.
Joran is the author of Sentences and The Mountain and The Snow. He is also co-author of Transform Your Life: Expert Advice, Practical Tools and Personal Stories and Integral Church: An Interfaith Handbook of Ceremonies and Rituals.
Joran is the Creative Director for RIDG (Royal Innovation Design Group) and former Marketing and Promotions Director at Creative Loafing Media and Marketing Manager for the Patel Conservatory at the David A. Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa. He has also served as the Communications Director for the non-profit arts incubator Tempus Projects.
He is an acclaimed producer and singer/songwriter, winning over 10 “Best of the Bay” awards between 1998 and 2008 for his musical projects (The Gita, Auditorium), podcasts and compilation CDs. Prior to his life at the paper, Joran was named a “Local Hero” in 2003 by Creative Loafing for his organizing work in the local music scene and was the founder of the grassroots Southeast Music Alliance and the Mekka Records label.
Joran is the owner of the Metta Center of St. Petersburg and founder of Interfaith Week in St. Petersburg, FL as well as the Integral Church — an interfaith organization committed to community service, religious literacy and personal transformative practice. He is an ordained minister and performs weddings, memorials and other ceremonies around the world. He is also president of Interfaith Tampa Bay, chaplain emeritus at Unity Spiritual Campus in St. Petersburg and an Ambassador of the Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions.
He has shared the stage with Barbara Marx Hubbard, Ken Wilber, Jane Goodall, Dr. Stan Grof, Michael Beckwith, Matthew Fox, Lynne McTaggart, Amy Edelstein, Howard Rheingold, Nate Silver, Gary Vaynerchuck as well as Blues Traveler, Blind Melon, Men at Work, The Fixx, John Doe (X) and has spoken about topics ranging from marketing to spirituality at campuses and conferences around the world, including South by Southwest in Austin, TX; International Academy of Design and Technology; Building the New World Conference in Radford, VA; Parliament of the World’s Religions in Salt Lake City, UT and Integral European Conference in Siofok, Hungary.